April 27, 2007

A death in the family

My Aunt Bunny died today. She leaves behind my Uncle Al, daughters Annette, Lana and sons Bruce and Barry.
I always thought she was one of the coolest Aunts. I used to love visiting her when we were kids out in kelowna. Picking cucumbers in her garden and hanging with my "older" cousins.
They moved to Summerland a few years back and I haven't seen either her or my uncle for a few years now. Both heavy smokers they have decided that the smoking outweighs living or at least living healthy. I can understand that to a point I guess but I've never smoked so I'm not aware of the intensity of the addiction.
I will get to see the rest of the family at the funeral and hopefully will shuck my some of what has been hanging over me and actually start calling and talking to them more frequently. Our family is a bit strange like that...not sure if it started with our immediate family or where the trend started. Seems like we're always so busy with our own life that we tend to neglect that very important side of things.
I wish her a peaceful sleep and I hope she knows how much we all love her.

No comments:



You've done it now Danger Dan!!!